Call Us: (952) 935-9469

Request a Quote Facebook Twitter Google+

Wayzata, MN: Roofing, Chimney Repair & Home Exteriors

Kuhl’s Contracting and Kuhl Design Build have worked in Wayzata, Minnesota for over 25 years as experts in roofing, remodeling and storm damage repairs. In that time we have developed hundreds of lasting relationships with Wayzata homeowners as their trusted storm damage contractor. Check out our galleries to see all of the Wayzata roofs we have replaced as the result of wind and hail damage. But we are far more than the best Wayzata wind and hail damage contractor, we are also experts in the insurance process. We have worked through hundreds and hundreds of storm damage insurance claims for our Wayzata clients. Most of the insurance claim storm damage work we do in Wayzata relates to hail and wind damage, but some pertains to tree damage, floods and fires.

Wayzata Architecture & Houses

The architecture of Wayzata homes follows that of other surrounding Twin Cities communities in many regards. Cape cod, Colonial, ramblers, Tudors and modern day classics adorn the Wayzata landscape. The specific area in Wayzata determines largely what style of home one sees. There are older areas with classic architectural styles, mid-century areas with many ramblers and areas more recently developed with large contemporary homes. Wayzata homes are almost all traditionally stick-framed structures with a combination of fiberglass batt and cellulose insulation systems, making them more prone to heat loss and ice dam formation.

Construction assemblies and materials that are common to Wayzata are also common in other Twin City neighborhoods. For example, roofs in Wayzata are typically asphalt shingles or cedar shakes, with the random slate or metal roof. Probably 90% of the roofs in Wayzata are asphalt shingle, with the other 10% being comprised of cedar, slate metal and other materials. Wayzata roof styles include hip roofs, gable roofs, mansard roofs, flat roofs and the occasional gambrel roof.

If you live in Wayzata, the most successful plan for extending the life of your roof is to keep a regular schedule and do some very basic things. In the case of all Wayzata roofs, with the exception of slate, it is wise to send a professional up on the roof twice a year.

Wayzata Roof Maintenance Checklist:

  1. Review its’ condition including flashings, skylights and general appearance
  2. Note any damage or areas of concern and give an estimate for repairs
  3. Use a blower to remove any debris from the roof (leaves, pine needles, etc..)
  4. Review the drainage off the roof including valleys and gutters

Copyright © 2012 - 2024, Kuhl's Contracting. All Rights Reserved.